Mer Terre is a leader in the field of constructing concrete “plugs” in the shafts of pumping stations and various other types of underground structures.
Our company has developed a range of new and improved methods of constructing underwater concrete plugs with steel and concrete tension piles and fixed anchors, without dewatering.
The following is a listing of the operations and works that the company performs in this field:
- Construction of shaft walls using either steel sheet piles or slurry walls.
- Constructing and installing tension piles.
- Excavating using long-armed excavators (with arms reaching 16m in length) and “Clamshells” cranes.
- Casting underwater plugs.
- A one-time process of pumping out all the water from the shaft until it is completely dry.
- Sealing works for the surface of the plug and the joint between the plug and the walls by injecting polyurethane foam or cement grout.
- Sealing using special membranes